UpdatePatrol detailed features
Please notice that some of the features are only available in the Pro Edition. Compare Editions here.
There are many good reasons to use UpdatePatrol to watch the Internet for you:
- Monitor an unlimited number of sites (single pages or entire web sites), saving you time visiting sites where the content has not been updated since your last visit.
- Detect changes in ordinary web pages and text files.
- Detect changes in PDF files
- Detect changes in web pages that use HTML Frames.
- Detect changes in blogs (news feeds) in RSS, RDF and Atom formats - you no longer need to have a feed reader installed.
- Detect changes in password protected web pages (HTTP authentication supported).
- Detect changes in page text and optionally changed links.
- Detect added or removed links and frames.
- Browse the sites using the embedded browser with the changes highlighted, saving you countless hours of reading as the changed text stands out from the text you already read.
- Alert you of found updates by desktop notification, sound or email.
- Automatically save a copy of the changed page to disk.
- See text that was removed or changed within a page as well as newly added text.
- Ignore dynamic data in page comparisons, e.g. number of visitors, dates, timestamps etc. This is configurable using regular expressions (a pattern matching syntax) for maximum flexibility.
- Organize websites in groups in a tree structure as you know it from your web browser bookmarks and Windows Explorer.
- Use automated web page update checking at scheduled intervals or manual checking when you need it for single sites, all sites or a group of sites.
- Use shared (user definable) schedules to check groups of sites with the same interval, or use a custom per-site schedule.
- Schedule checks every X minutes, every hour, at a certain time every day, at a certain time at a certain day of the week or at a certain time one day each month.
- Drag a URL to the Drop Window to quickly add the URL to UpdatePatrol. Works with Internet Explorer, Firefox and other web browsers.
Secure online ordering
30-day money back guarantee
We offer a 30-day unconditional money back guarantee! 100% satisfaction or your money back.
UpdatePatrol requires a PC running Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, Server 2003 or 2008.